Instead of sitting on the images you took this past weekend, why not sell them instead?
Even if you didn’t have a client, and spent time with the family at one of the kid’s soccer games, chances are you took some great photographs. Why not find a way to turn them into some extra income? Take a look at these 12 ideas to make money with your photographs, and see how much you can get done this week.
1. Create a photo book. There is always opportunity – you just have to look for it. If you’ve attended your kid’s soccer games for several weeks, and helped coach the practices with your camera in tow, why not turn it into a fun photo book memory for the families? Or have a great idea for a vacation guide to your hometown? Check out Blurb for an easy way to make a photo book.
2. Network. Head over to MeetUp and find a few networking groups. You can work with the organizer, and offer headshots for use on social sites for a nominal fee. Give them quality images, and you exposure.
4. Find a mom and pop café. Take a drive around town – you’re sure to find a few coffee shops that aren’t part of a national chain. Head in and chat – can you help decorate their walls?
5. Design a few extras. People like the little extras. Design notecards, greeting cards, calendars, journals – all based on your photography. You can personalize them for your clients – or print the “best-of” series, and sell them as a boxed set to everyone.
6. Decorate model homes. Check in with the designers around town. They have to decorate new models as they become available, yet are increasingly on a small budget. You may be able to get in some large portraits in exchange for putting up a display with your business cards.
7. Eat your images. Add an edible image into your baby plans. Icing Images allows you to print edible photographs for your clients – a great way to expand sales.
8. Sell on eBay. EBay has a huge amount of traffic – why not get some? Create your own books and merchandise, and start selling them to your new fans.
9. Decorate furniture stores. Furniture stores the key to selling is making you believe their furniture will fit into your home. A picture can make the setting feel even more homey – giving them the opportunity to sell more, and you the opportunity to pick up a few new clients.
10. Find a few local art shows in your area. Summer and art festivals just seem to go together. Why not find a few in your area, and start up a new career? Take a dozen or so of your best images, and get them ready for the fair.
11. Start a photo blog. Dedicate it to one theme. Blog every day, and you never know who will find you. (Need a few ideas: check out ThePioneerWoman for a ton of ideas.)
12. Get a list of new businesses in town. Does the local bakery need a few photos? How about hanging some of your wedding portraits in exchange for photography? You can easily get a new business list from your local city or state.