Whether you’re a professional photographer or you simply like to whip out your camera as a hobby whenever you spot a photo-worthy moment, being able to print your photos gives you certain liberty.
As a professional, having the ability to print the photos you make at home or in your studio means you will have more time to edit photos.
Also, you’ll automatically have more time to take more photos!
For rookies and hobby photographers, being able to make real-life photos in the comfort of your home easily will certainly put a smile on your face.
In this article, we’re going to talk about the devices that make this possible, and we will offer you a list of products so you can find the best printer for photographers that would suit your needs in the best way.
Here’s the deal.
Our Favourite Best Printer for Photographers
Top 10 Best Printer for Photographers Reviews- 2022
1. HP – Envy Photo 7855
Fancy owning a contraption that can enable you to not only print high-quality photos but also to scan, print, and copy documents to your heart’s content?
Well, if the answer is ‘YES,’ this HP model can be just the thing for you.
Thanks to its multiple connectivity options and excellent multifunctionality, so to speak, this contraption will give you a lot of features to work with while using up only a little ink for each of the photos and other things you print.
Here are some of the most important features of this model in more detail:
- HP Smart App – While this printer is pretty well-endowed in terms of its hardware and different functions it can perform, the folks at HP also made sure that it’s well-rounded in the field of software, too.
For this purpose, they developed the special HP Smart app.
This app is an umbrella piece of advanced printer software that HP uses for many of its modern-day models.
Among other things this app can do for you includes an easy wireless setup for the printer, printing directly from social media or to cloud services such as Dropbox, and easily scanning documents with your camera.
- SD Card Slot – One of the interesting things about this model is that it comes with an SD card slot.
The thing with this function is – you can insert an SD card in it and then open, edit, and print the documents on it, whether they’re photos, text files, or other documents – without ever needing to connect a computer!
So, effectively, you don’t ever need to use a computer to run this printer, as it possesses enough functions to be easily run by importing the data via the SD card and by managing them from the display.
- Multiple Connectivity Options – As we already mentioned in the introduction to this first review, this model is quite well covered when it comes to the ways you can connect it to your computer or some other device.
To be precise, you can choose between the standard USB connectivity, Wi-Fi, or even Ethernet, or Bluetooth.
So, no matter what sort of computer you have, you can rest assured that you will be able to connect this printer to it with ease.
- HP Smart app
- Can print directly from an SD card
- 4 connectivity options – Ethernet, Bluetooth, USB, and Wi-Fi
- It supports several different paper sizes
- Additional features such as scanning, faxing, and copying
- Capable of borderless printing
- Color touchscreen
- Easy, two-sided printing
- 1-year limited warranty
- Some users complained about the HP customer support.
2. Canon – Selphy CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
Featuring a compact build and a cheeky name, this model from Canon represents possibly one of the most interesting photo-making printers out there on the market.
When it comes to making high-quality digital photography prints on the spot wherever you are, you won’t have to ask for anything else other than this model.
Thanks to its slight build, you will be able to take this thing with you wherever you are, and then the features it comes with will enable you to make quick, excellent prints with ease.
Below are the most important features of this model:
- Compact Build – This Canon model represents probably one of the smallest photo printers we’ve seen currently on the market.
Thanks to its lightweight build and relatively small dimensions, you can rest assured that this model will fit into any bag or similar small cooped up space so that it would score highly in the portability department.
Another major feature in the package and this printer would be a battery.
So, if you want to take this printer with you to make excellent photos but don’t want to connect it to anything, you can use the batteries to power it up in the middle of a forest, if you so desire!
- Party Shuffle Feature – This feature can be quite an interesting one for folks who like to party and take a lot of pictures of partying.
Since this printer can be connected wirelessly, you can send photos to it directly, without having a computer present.
So, if you have multiple people taking photos during a party, they can all send their photos to the printer.
Then, you can use the part shuffle feature, and this printer will automatically make a collage of the photos you and your friends put in.
- Different Connectivity Options – Although this model’s primary way of connecting it to its surroundings (meaning computers, tablets, laptops, and other devices) would be Wi-Fi, you can also use a USB or even an SD card for this purpose.
All you need to do is plug in the USB cord or insert the SD card you have into this model’s card slot, and you can print away.
- Compact and portable design
- Large, easy-to-navigate LCD screen
- 18-sheet paper tray
- Works best on smartphones, PCs, and laptops
- Memory card slot
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- SD card slot
- This printer lacks additional features such as a scanner and a fax machine.
3. Epson – Expression Premium XP-7100 Wireless Color Photo Printer
If you want to make borderless photos with ease, this model from Epson can give you that and much more thanks to its excellent line of features.
When it comes to using the features on this model, you’ll be doing that using a large and easy-to-navigate touchscreen.
Here are some of the other features of this model in more detail:
- Automatic Document Feeder – This Epson printer can print fairly quickly and the feature most responsible for this would certainly be the automatic document feeder.
As its name suggests, what this addition to this printer does is that it makes it easier to print bundles of documents.
We’re talking about loading up to 30 sheets at once through this automatic feeder on this model.
This not only makes the printing process quicker, but it also means you won’t have to load these pages manually.
- Multiple Connectivity Options – including Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
Thanks to this model’s wireless connectivity, setting this model up will be a piece of cake, especially if you consider the fact that this model supports several different platforms and devices such as tablets, PCs, and laptops, to name a few.
If you don’t have or don’t want to connect your devices to this printer via Wi-Fi, you can also use Ethernet instead.
So, as long as the device you want to connect this way has an Ethernet port, you can rest assured that you can make a simple connection by using a simple Ethernet cable.
Also, last but not least, you have two additional options to get the digital files you want to print to this printer – USB and SD card.
- Large LCD Touchscreen – Since this model does come with an SD card slot, this practically means that you can use this printer without ever connecting it to a computer or some other external device.
So, what you will need to make the sort of prints you want would be some sort of control panel from where you can put in all the necessary printing parameters, so to speak, as well as edit the photos you’re about to print if you want.
For this purpose, the folks at Epson built in a large touchscreen where you can load the digital data from an SD card (or some other way), and then you can easily edit or otherwise change the photos before you print them.
- Large LCD touchscreen
- Excellent printing app (allows you to print from Facebook, create collages, and more)
- Several connectivity options – Ethernet, Bluetooth, USB, and SD card
- It can be connected to laptops, PCs, and tablets
- Automatic document feeder (30-page capacity)
- Automatic two-sided printing
- This model can copy and scan as well
- This printer only runs on specialized Epson cartridges
4. Epson – Expression Photo HD XP-15000
Sleek-looking and featuring Wi-Fi connectivity as well as a host of other useful and innovative features, this Epson model XP-15000 can be easily connected to computers and smartphones alike.
All you need is a Wi-Fi hub such as your home router and you can rest assured that you will be able to connect your smartphone, PC, or something else to this thing with ease.
Here are some of the most important features of this model in more detail:
- Large Print Tray – Though this printer is predominantly designed to handle smaller prints (both in quantity and dimensions, but not necessarily in terms of their sizes), Epson also designed it so that you can print a lot of pages at once.
To make this possible, they built a large front tray that can house up to 200 pages to make this possible!
Add to this the fact that this model also comes with automated two-sided printing and you can see how you can easily print up to 400 pages of documents on 200 sheets of paper by pushing only a couple of buttons to start the printing process.
Also, if you want to print on some special surface thicker than standard paper, you can use the rear tray, which can house up to 50 sheets of paper.
- Easy Setup – Even if you’ve never used an Epson printer before, setting this model up will be a piece of cake.
Thanks to its intuitive setup process, you will not have to consult extensive manuals to connect this printer to your local router.
Also, the setup is made additionally easy thanks to the addition of an LCD screen. You can control the entire setup process without the need to involve your computer at all.
- Wireless Connectivity – represents the primary connectivity option for this model.
Within the wireless network that you’ve set up for this model, you will be able to quickly connect your computer, laptop, as well as a range of other devices, including iPads, iPhones, Android devices, and smartphones.
Other than that, you can also use Ethernet to connect your devices to this printer. So, if you have a printer model with Ethernet as the preferred connection option, you can rest assured that making the connection would be a piece of cake.
- 50-sheet rear tray
- 200-sheet front tray
- Automatic two-sided printing
- Multiple connectivity options, including Ethernet and Wi-Fi
- Works on a variety of devices including Android devices, computers, iPads, and many more
- Quick printing process
- Simple setup via an LCD screen
- This printer only works with Epson’s cartridges
5. Epson – Picture Mate PM-400
A simple, stylish design combined with excellent wireless connectivity makes this printer a potentially great solution for anyone looking for a model that can be used for various printing tasks – especially printing photographs.
What’s more, this model comes with a fairly compact design, so you can rest assured that you will be able to put this printer wherever you want in your office. It can even comfortably sit on your work table without taking too much space!
Here are the most important parameters of this model in more detail:
- PC-Free Operation – In case you don’t want to use this printer via your computer or some other contraption, the good news is – you don’t have to.
Since this model comes with a built-in SD card slot, what you can do instead is transfer all the printable images and documents on an SD card by inserting them into your mobile phone, smartphone, tablet, or computer.
After you’ve transferred all the data you want, you only need to insert the data-filled SD card into this printer’s SD card slot and then set the printer’s printing parameters to print the desired documents and images.
- Compact Design – One of the possibly more attractive features of this model would certainly be its design, which is fairly compact, thus making it a perfect option for carrying around – in case if you travel a lot.
Here’s an interesting example.
Let’s say you’re a party organizer or a person who dresses up like a Disney princess for kids’ parties.
What better way to promote yourself as an organizer or entertainer at parties and different events than to enable the guests at the party instant photos of themselves and their friends and family?
This printer enables you just that.
Thanks to its small size, you can carry it everywhere with you without it presenting too much of a burden or taking up too much space.
Additionally, the device can be easily set up in any environment with an outlet, so you won’t have to worry about that, either.
- Wireless Connectivity – This thing is so portable and easy to use wherever you are because you can print directly from an SD card or via Wi-Fi.
Of course, if you want to print using Wi-Fi, you have to have a wireless router somewhere in the vicinity of this printer.
Other than this requirement, setting up a connection from the router to this printer would be a piece of cake.
Adding new Wi-Fi networks to this model’s roster of recognized Wi-Fi hub spots, so to speak, is a piece of cake, so you won’t have to worry that trying to make your printer’s wireless connection work will hamper your printing plans so to speak.
- High-quality, borderless photos
- Compact & portable design
- Wireless connectivity
- SD card slot
- Can work with tablets, smartphones, iPhones, iPods, computers, and other devices
- USB connectivity
- This model can only work with specialized Epson cartridges
6. Polaroid – Digital-to-Analog Polaroid Photo Printer
Our entry number six has a printing apparatus that cannot be classified as a standard printer.
This model represents a specialized printing device from the world-renowned Polaroid company that can easily print photos in the famous ‘Polaroid’ way.
In the passages below, we’ve described this Polaroid model in more detail:
- Digital to Analog Conversion – Yes, you’ve read that right!
In an attempt to recreate the glories of the old Polaroid instant photo cameras, the folks at Polaroid have developed a device that can convert your digital photos from your mobile phone into analog photos that look exactly like the old ones did back in the day.
The way this works is that there are three specialized lenses in this Polaroid tool that can scan the digital photos you insert from your phone into this thing and then convert them into a real-life Polaroid copy.
- Compatible Systems – include iOS and Android operating systems, so whichever of these two you have on your phone, you can rest assured that you will be able to use it fairly easily with this device.
The special Polaroid Originals app that comes with this contraption offers a variety of different settings when it comes to the scanning as well as the printing process itself.
As far as the mobile phones are in question, this supports iPhone models from iPhone 6 upwards. When Android is in question, you can count on this thing working on Android model 7 and above that.
- Battery-Powered – What makes this Polaroid photo-maker an interesting solution in terms of its portability and small size would also be the fact that it’s battery-powered.
This effectively means that you don’t have to use a cord to power this thing.
So, as long as you fill its batteries before you go somewhere with this thing, you can be sure that this little Polaroid lab will work like a charm every time.
This can be a perfect option for parties and other events. We’re looking for a wall electrical outlet can be tricky.
- 3-lens scanning system
- It comes with a USB charging cable
- User manual
- Specialized Polaroid originals app
- Works on Android and iOS mobile phones
- This small printer can only make Polaroid-style photos.
7. Canon – PIXMA PRO-200 Wireless Professional Color Photo Printer
Featuring multiple connectivity options, this model from the famous Canon company can be an excellent solution for folks who like to use Wi-Fi to connect their devices.
Also, thanks to its compact and flat design, this model can take care of a wide range of page sizes – from 3.5 x 3.5, all the way to 12 x 12.1, so whether it’s small photos for some document you need, or a large photo you can hang on your wall – this model can tackle it all, no problem!
Here are some of the most important features of this model:
- Excellent Printing Media Versatility – If you’re the sort of photographer that doesn’t like to limit themself to only a single way of printing photographs and one format, this model might be just what you’ve been looking for.
The folks at Canon made sure that you can use this printer to print out many photos in various formats – from long and narrow ones to large prints and more standard photo sizes.
Also, the versatility of this printer doesn’t end here, either.
When it comes to the finishes that this printer can, you can rest assured that you can count on matte, glossy, luster, and many other different finishes and styles!
- Connectivity options – that include Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB, so whichever one suits your needs the best, you can rest assured that you will be able to connect your computer and device that way with ease.
As far as the customers and the market requirements are concerned, of course, the wireless connectivity option remains one of the most sought after currently, as it means easy operation and printing via the cloud and generally at a distance.
For those of you who prefer printing the old-fashioned way, though, the trusty USB port is always there to simply and easily set up a link between your computer or some other device and this printer.
- LCD Screen – for easy setup and subsequent operation.
While this screen isn’t necessarily the giant printer screen on the market, it is certainly large enough to be easy to operate and set up different printing parameters using it.
Among other things, on this screen, you can check your ink levels as well as some other parameters at a glance, so you can never land in a situation where you’re about to run out of ink in the middle of a significant print.
- Compact and stylish design
- Built-in LCD screen
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections (USB connectivity possible, too)
- Excellent printing speed
- Different types of formats and media supported
- Skew correction technology
- Quite expensive
8. Primera – Impressa IP60 Photo Printer for Photo Booths
With an appearance of a rather simple printer that looks like a white box with a slot opening where the paper comes out of, this Primera printer will fit right in whatever sort of office décor you’ve got going on at home or work.
Besides its looks, this printer also comes with some pretty interesting features.
Here are the most important ones in more detail:
- Easy Panoramic Prints – When it comes to printing different photograph formats, panoramic shots are present a problem for photographers. They had to merge several papers to achieve the effect of a long and continuous photograph.
Thanks to the advancements in technology, though, making high-quality panoramic photos with your printer has become a piece of cake.
This Primera printer represents one of the models you can do this with fairly easily.
Besides the fact that it can print panoramic shots, this printer can also do so in various formats, starting from 2×6 and ending at 6×24!
- Different Kinds of Paper and other printable surfaces are supported by this printer, meaning options to choose from when it comes to offering your customers their photos.
For example, one of the popular formats that many people are interested in nowadays would be sticker paper.
All you need to do is stick paper into this printer, and the printer will do the rest with ease!
Also, formats and types of paper such as jumbo paper format, or magnetic prints for fridges, or photos with perforated edges can all be printed on this printer.
- Customized Postcards – One of the major ways photos can be used would certainly be postcards.
Customized postcards are more popular nowadays than ever, so a photographer that can make a high-quality postcard on the spot will indeed have an advantage over their colleagues that have printers that don’t have this ability.
Whether you do this at various tourist destinations, weddings, or some other venue, you are sure to attract a lot of attention with your instant postcard-making craft!
- Can print panoramic photos
- Lightweight design (easily portable)
- A broad substrate range – matte, gloss, woven, and many others
- Can print customized postcards
- Works with various photo booth pieces of software
- Low cost of printing
- This offer does not include ink, USB cable, or paper (you have to buy these separately)
9. Mitsubishi – CP-K60DW-S Eco-Value Photo Printer
Although this company is best known for making high-quality cards, the folks at Mitsubishi will make a photo printer every once in a while.
Photographers who prefer the matte finish over others can find this printer a great option as it produces high-quality photos with a matte finish.
Below is the list of the most important features of this model:
- Eco-Friendly and Energy-Efficient Design – What makes this Mitsubishi printer stand out from most of the other models out there on the market would be its eco-friendly potential.
The thing that makes this printer so special would be that it comes with a feature that enables it to use up to 96% less energy whenever it’s in standby mode.
Now, since printing is often a process that involves transferring data and generally not using the printer all the time, the power-saving feature of this model can be of great use – especially to a photographer who uses printers all the time in their work.
- Matte Finish Printing – When it comes to the type of printing that this model can, the most noteworthy feature would be the matte finish that it can pull off.
This matte finish gives photos a certain natural look instead of glossy finishes, which provide the photos with more of a shiny appearance.
- Compact Build – This means that you won’t have to spare too much space to place this model on your work desk.
If you don’t have a space to place this model on your work desk, you can always put it on whatever flat surface you have.
As far as storage is concerned, its small dimensions and lightweight build mean that it won’t take a lot of space in your car either, for example, if you sometimes need to travel as a part of your job as a photographer.
- Special, eco-friendly, energy-saving mode (saves up to 96% of energy while in standby mode)
- Matte finish for the photos
- High-resolution printing
- Easy to set up and use
- 1-year warranty
- This model lacks many of the features modern-day printers have to offer (such as scanners, additional fax machines, duplex printing, and others)
10. DNP – DS-RX1HS Photo Printer
If you’re looking for a simple printer that you can use to print a lot of photos quickly, easily, and at a reasonable cost – then this DNP model can be a good solution for your needs.
Although this printer is quite chunky, this also means it’s quite durable and heavy-duty, so you won’t have to worry about some of its parts breaking on you any time soon.
At the same time, its heavy build and large dimensions also mean that this model might not be the perfect solution for you if you like carrying your printer on the road, for example.
These are some of the most important features of this model:
- Low Operating Cost – as well as a relatively low cost of maintenance and low cost, in general.
As this printer was designed primarily for photographers and photo booths, you can rest assured that it’s impossible to find a more reasonable deal than this one – at least when the two purposes described above are considered.
Another plus factor here would be a low cost of paper and operation, so the costs of using this model go down even further.
- Two Different Finishes – There are two finishes available, glossy and matte.
The printer can produce glossy and matte images printed in your customers’ photo albums. Matte images appear almost like hand-drawn art rather than digital photographs.
Add to this additional features such as different options for the resolution of the photos, and you get a good idea of what this camera can do.
- 3-Year Warranty – is two years more than most printer manufacturers are willing to warrant when their products are in question.
In comparison, the DNP’s rather generous 3-year warranty can be a reason more to go for this model rather than some others currently on the market.
Hence, if some piece of hardware goes out after a couple of months, if you have this warranty, you will be able to have the part replaced for free by the manufacturer. (As long as the problem with the printer wasn’t caused by you, of course.)
- Decent printing speed
- Sturdy design
- Capable of matte and glossy finishes for the photos
- High-resolution mode
- High-speed mode
- 3-year warranty
- This printer lacks many features that most modern-day models come with (such as Wi-Fi connectivity, duplex printing, and others)
In the recent decades and years, the best printer for photographers started getting more and more additional features, so that nowadays – almost every modern printer has a scanner and a faxing machine as a regular part of the kit.
The innovations didn’t just stop there, however.
Namely, one of the major ways printers were upgraded across the world would certainly be how they can be connected to a computer or a similar device.
Back in the day (and still today in many cases), printers could be exclusively linked to a computer using a USB cable.
However, you can connect them in several additional ways, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and even Ethernet.
Out of these three, the most interesting one would be Wi-Fi, since it allows using your printer without any cables.
Also, such printers as the best printer for photographers can often directly print from various cloud services and be used through different apps.
Different Printing Formats represent the shapes, sizes, and finishes you can use to make your photos.
The more of these different options your printer supports, the more you can rest assured that you can use these options with ease.
For example, finishes such as luster, matte, or gloss are often requested by customers for professional photography.
Also, various formats such as panoramic photos, large, jumbo photos, or collages are popular nowadays.
Last but not least, if you, as a photographer, have a printer that you can use to make customizable postcards, fridge magnets, or stickers, you will certainly have more to offer to your customers. (Who will likely be ready to pay extra for these exciting new formats!)
One of the more interesting features a photography-oriented printer can have, so to speak, would certainly be a small frame.
Let’s say that you’re a photographer going to a wedding where you will be taking pictures of people all day and night long.
Imagine how awesome it would be if you could print some of the photos you’re making right there and then!
Your professionalism would certainly amaze your customers and they will also be prepared to buy not only the regular photos you’re making but also some of the more specialized formats such as fridge magnets, postcards, or stickers, too.
Representing one of the most important parts of printing technology when it comes to the idea of printing without having to use a computer, the presence of an SD card reader can help you use your printer on the go.
This can be quite a useful feature for photographers, as all you have to do to print the photos you just took is to simply take the SD card out of your camera and insert it in the back of your printer. (Or, wherever else this SD card slot is situated.)
The thing is, most digital photography labs feature computers and elaborate tools for making high-quality photos, but when you’re on the road as a photographer – having a printer that can read SD cards can be an excellent idea.
LCD screen can be a useful addition to a printer’s arsenal because it gives you a control center. You can set all sorts of printing parameters and settings without constantly using a computer for this purpose.
Even when it comes to the printer’s setup, one of these LCD screens can help you connect the printer to your local Wi-Fi router (if the printer has the wireless connectivity option enabled), so you don’t need a computer for this, either.
As far as ease of use is concerned, many printers come with screens with a touchscreen function, so choosing from a range of different options is as easy as simply touching the one you want to select.
Printing photos you capture at home is nothing too difficult or scary to pull off.
That said, you do need to have the right equipment to get decent results.
Also, despite the equipment you’ve got – the results may still vary depending on the amount of editing you do.
The most important thing to remember is that you need a printer to print photos.
While most printers can print photos in this shape or another, not every printer is designed to print photos specifically.
So, you might want to go for a model with some features such as panoramic photo printing and borderless printing capable of pulling off different printing finishes such as matte, gloss, luster, or some other.
Once you’ve got the right printer, here are some of the other steps:
- Get a Decent Monitor – or, at least, take steps to calibrate the existing one accordingly. The thing about monitors is that these computer peripheries are going to present to you an image of the photo that you’re about to print out.
For this reason, it’s extra important for the monitor to be correctly calibrated so that this representation of your future printed photo is as accurate as possible.
- Type of Paper – you’re using is also going to play a major role in how the photograph you’re working on will come out on the other end.
Typically, you have the option of gloss, metallic, matte, or some other type of paper.
All of these will give your photos a different finish and look, so you may want to take your time to pick the best one for your needs.
If you aren’t sure which type of paper to pick, you can always get some sample packages of different types, so you can see which one you like the best for your current project.
- Edit the Photos – on your computer before you ‘Print.’
No matter the quality of the photo you’ve taken, there’s always room for improvement.
To make sure your photos will look as beautiful when they’re printed as they are in digital form, make sure to use some piece of software to edit them.
You can edit the parameters such as contrast, brightness, turn on soft proofing, as well as perform a myriad of other changes.
- Print & Frame – The last step in this process would be to hit the ‘Print’ button.
Once the photo you thoroughly edited comes out the other end of your printer, check its quality below a lamp or some other light source.
This way, you will be able to spot any potential imperfections or other issues that may mean you need a new print.
If you’re happy with the results, you can frame them and put them on a wall, sell them, or gift it to somebody!
This depends on the individual photographer’s preferences.
Some send their digital images to some sort of printing agency, where the photos are printed and then sent back to them.
The others prefer to print their photos at home.
As far as the latter group is concerned, the type of printer they own is quite important, because the better the printer, the easier it is to print a high-quality image.
So, if you like the procedure of sending your digital photos online to a printing company the way photographers printing services work, you need to find the provider of such services such as Baboo company, or Snapfish, Shutterfly, and others.
On the other hand, if you want to make prime photo prints at home, you better start looking for the best printer for photographers that would suit your needs.
What do Professional Photographers Use for Printing?
When it comes to the way they are getting their photos printed, many US-based photographers opt for services of professional photo labs such as Miller’s Professional Imaging, ProDPI, PhotoVision, or some other.
On the other hand, an increasing number is also choosing to do this themselves, by using high-quality printers for photographers.
Is it Worth Printing Photos at Home?
This mostly depends on the volume of photos you want to print.
If you don’t need a lot of photos yearly, then buying a brand-new printer may not be worth the overall cost of printing.
On the other hand, if you print all the time (possibly because you’re a professional photographer),. In that case, suppose buying a printer can be a great idea because the more you print – the more it will pay off.
How do I Manually Install a Printer?
Installing your printer is a piece of cake, even if it’s an older model. (The paragraphs below refer to the printer setup process on Windows computers, by the way.)
What you need to do is connect the printer via its USB cable, open the Control panel from the Start menu on your computer, and then click on Add a printer or a scanner.
Once Windows detects your printer, it will add it to the list of printers and you can start using it!
What Type of Printer is Best for Photography?
Although the question of what the best printer for photographers would be probably answered differently by different photographers, these are the features that most printers for photographs have in common:
- Compact size (useful for traveling),
- Multiple connectivity options (especially Wi-Fi),
- Low cost of printing,
- Different formats and finishes supported,
- Easy-to-replace cartridges.
How Much Does Printing Photos Cost?
If you print photos in a printing lab, the cost ranges from $0.09 to $0.12 for a 4×6 standard photo.
At the same time, it’s also true that you can arrive at the same cost of about $0.12 or a bit more for prints you do at home with a printer. (Of course, the cost of the printer is not taken into consideration here.)
So, the costs are about the same, with perhaps only a slight decrease in prices for online printing businesses.
At the same time, it’s also true that you have more control over the printing process if you do it yourself with a printer. Also, you don’t have to wait for the photos to get delivered to you.
As a result, getting a photo printer can be a great idea regardless of whether you are a professional photographer or want to be able to print your photos at home whenever you like. A photo printer can make the process of making high-quality, real-life tangible photos a breeze.
We hope you found this article helpful, and we wish you to find the best printer for photographers for your needs in the list of products above.