With more and more people taking pictures with their smartphones, printing photos from iPhone is becoming an essential skill for most iPhone users. If you want to print photos from an iPhone, you need hardware and software. First of all, you will need a printer to take pictures and print them. Nowadays, manufacturers have released portable printers or printers that support Bluetooth. You can connect these printers to the iPhone and print photos directly from the iPhone. In addition to the hardware, you will also need an application to help you with your photo printing needs. In this post, you will find how to print smaller pictures from iPhone in different environments.
How to Print Photos From iPhone at Home
With the home printer, you can also print photos from your iPhone at home using the iPhone’s built-in photo printing app. Before printing, Bluetooth must enable on both the photo printer and the iPhone.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone’s home screen and select the photo you want to print.
- Click on the Share icon, an arrow that overlaps the box.
- Swipe left at the bottom and find the print option in the menu that appears. Click on the Print option and then select a printer.
- Your home printer will appear on the screen.
- Use the plus and minus buttons on the print settings screen to set the number of copies you want to print.
- Finally, click on Print at the top of the screen, and your home printer will start receiving a signal and printing a photo.
If you have multiple photos to print from your iPhone, you can repeat the steps above.
How to Print Photos From iPhone Using Mimigram
The latter option is gaining more and more popularity. It allows not only to send any images for printing quickly and with maximum convenience but also to make interesting gifts and souvenirs. In Mimigram, you can create refrigerator photo magnets with images of places visited personally or a mug with your sketch. For this, you need:
- choose a format
- select a photo from albums on your phone or in a social network;
- edit the image if necessary;
- place an order for products according to the finished layout.
In “Mimigram,” they will make a quality item, package it and send it to you.
Is it possible to print photos, documents, PDFs, and many other files from your iPhone directly? Well, the answer is yes. With Apple AirPrint technology, you can print now from all Apple apps on your iPhone.
First, you need to set up an AirPrint-compatible printer: to print wirelessly with your iPhone, you must have an AirPrint printer installed on your iPhone. Some of the newer printers allow you to connect your iPhone to the printer via a USB cable. If this feature is not available, you can print from your iPhone to a wireless printer by following these steps.
How to Print Wirelessly From My iPhone
Check if you are using an AirPrint-supported printer. It’s essential to print photos from an iPhone directly. If this is your first time printing a screen on an iPhone, you need to set up the printer on the iPhone. The AirPrint setup process mainly depends on the printer model.
- Open an app on iPhone that supports the AirPrint printer, such as Photos, Mail, and more.
- Select the photo or other files you want to print from your iPhone.
- Click “Share” and select “Print” in the window.
- Click “Select Printer” to get all available printers. You can also click “+” to add a printer to your iPhone.
- Choose a name for your AirPrint printer.
- Click “Print” to wirelessly print from the iPhone.
Tip: If you want to print a document from an iPhone, you can set up print options, including range, copy, and duplex printing.
How to Print Photos via Computer
If you have an old-fashioned printer that doesn’t support Bluetooth, you can download and print iPhone photos through your computer. There are several ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computers, such as iCloud, iTunes, Google Drive, and USB cable. What’s more, you can preview and polish images on your computer before printing. WidsMob Viewer is a professional photo browser that supports direct photo printing.
How to Print Photos Using Photo Viewer
- Launch Photo Viewer and drag and drop photos to print from iPhone or import an entire folder by clicking on the Add button. Photo Viewer supports almost all image formats, including RAW.
- After importing images, you can view them in various modes, including preview mode, thumbnail mode, slideshow mode, and EXIF mode.
- The Photo Viewer lets you resize, rotate, transform, and apply effects to images before printing.
- Select Print from the File menu to print the image to your printer when you finish.
The Photo Viewer allows you to view and edit photos before printing. It also allows you to print your favorite images using shortcuts.
Tools for Printing Photos From iPhone
It often happens that some files or a photo appear on the iPhone that needs to print. You should not worry too much about printing photos from an iPhone because now there are many ways to print.
With this wireless printing technology, you can print a variety of images. The advantage of this program is that you should not connect any cables and wires. All you need to print is an ePrint-enabled printer and an iPhone.
You need to ensure that the “home” printer supports this technology. To do this, read the instructions for the printer, or find information on this brand on the Internet.
- If the printer does not support AirPrint technology, you will not be able to print from your printer.
- You should ensure that the iPhone and the printer use the same wireless network.
- Need to open some apps on the iPhone with AirPrint enabled (mail, iPhoto). Thus, any documents or images can print.
- Next, you need to open the file you want to print and click the “Share” option; in the next window, click “Print.”
- Now it remains to select a printer on the screen that will support AirPrint, enter the page numbers needed for printing, and enter the rest of the necessary parameters.
The last step is to click “Print.” The desired file will be instantly sent for printing.
If your printer doesn’t support AirPrint, that’s not a problem. The HandyPrint shareware application offers the same features. It is compatible with all current versions of Mac OS X, including Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks (after 14 days, you must “donate” at least $5 to the developers).
Once HandyPrint is installed and running, all the shared printers connected to the network are displayed on the iOS device. The only major drawback of this app is that you need to boot the computer installed for it to work.
To use this program to print from an iPhone, you need to follow certain rules.
- First, click on “Service” and select “Rules and alerts.” Next, click “Specific categories of letters” and select the final folder, “Inbox.” Next, save the result by clicking on the “OK” button.
- You need to select the option “Copy of certain categories and letters.” Then you should uncheck the “From senders or mailing list” function and check the “With certain words in the body of the letter” link.
- Next, you need to set the subject of the email. By clicking on the “Specific words” option, you need to enter “print” in the address bar or another word added to the search rules for email subjects.
- You need to check the “Print” option and click “Next.”
- The next step is to add the name of the new rule.
- Next, you need to check the “Activate this rule” box and confirm your actions with the “Finish” button.
It remains to send a photo or file from the iPhone to the mailbox. The main thing is not to forget in the “Subject” line to enter exactly the specified words when creating the rule. Immediately after checking the mail, the desired file will be automatically printed.
First of all, you need to download this program to your iPhone. With the program’s first launch, a window will be displayed asking you to select or add your printer. After the printer is selected, you need to click on the “Next” option. If the printer is not found, you should press the key “Add manually.” After connecting to the printer, the main menu appears on the screen with the following items:
- documents (by clicking on this option, you can see the print history);
- contacts (the necessary contacts can be printed from here);
- mail (instruction for printing via mail);
- dropbox (print instructions);
- webPages (instructions for printing through the Safari browser);
- clipboard (when printing from the clipboard, you need to go to this option);
- photos (here, you can select an image and send it for printing).
There are also special free apps for iOS written by printer manufacturers themselves, including programmers from Epson and HP.
- Epson iPrint automatically finds and connects to compatible printers (listed in the description). This application allows you to print a series of photos from your library, documents from your Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive accounts, and any other documents imported into it through the “Open in …” option.
- Epson iPrint also has a built-in browser for downloading and printing web pages. Through it, you can register for a proprietary online service that allows you to remotely print via the Internet to Epson printers that support email printing.
- The HP ePrint Enterprise app is similar in functionality to Epson iPrint, allowing you to print to compatible HP printers connected to a wireless network, and works with Box, Dropbox, and Facebook Photos cloud services.
If you’re in the US and don’t have a network printer handy, the ePrint app can send documents to one of the 30,000 nearby public print locations – UPS Store, FedEx Office, Swiss Post, and more. The appropriate branch can be selected directly in the application, and the documents sent can be placed both on the device itself and in the “cloud.” In addition, documents can be sent from your email address.
Google Cloud Print
Another option for printing from portable iOS devices is the Google Cloud Print service, making any printer available over the Internet using the Google cloud. In this case, the printers are connected directly to the “cloud” and do not need to be configured.
In addition, with this service, you can use the most common printers connected to laptops or desktops with Internet access. To do this, they must be registered with
To print documents, you need to log into your Google account on iOS through the Chrome browser, the Google Docs application, or another browser from which the documents will be printed via the virtual cloud printer. In the settings, you can “share” such a printer in the same way as any documents in your Google Docs account.
If you have a modern printer with Bluetooth technology, you can print images using the Photos app from your iPhone. This is the easiest way to print photos, but portable printers only support standard-size photos. If you want to print your iPhone photos in a larger size or make a photo book, you need to order from professional photo printing shops.